Everyone can practice yoga—regardless of age, experience, flexibility, strength, ability or disability. I offer Hatha Yoga classes that are appropriate for beginners, those with disability as well as the experienced yoga practitioner.
With a steady yoga practice you will gain strength and flexibility by deepening the mind-body connection. You will become aware of key muscle groups needed to support common day-to-day movements (like sitting, bending, breathing, squatting and walking) which reduces your risk of injury and pain in the body. Without the distractions of pain and tension you will move with greater ease, become more resilient to injury and be left with a sense of grace, peace, and connection to your innate abilities to achieve more than you ever thought you could.
Specifically, my yoga classes emphasize:
- Safety through correct alignment and use of props
- Building strength by holding correct posture in poses
- Relaxing while in action (holding poses)
- Efficient breathing patterns to enhance focus and the mind-body connection
- How to beat fatigue and increase stamina by engaging the body’s energy system
- Stretching key muscles to help prevent injury and ease tension
- Affirmations (practiced silently) to reinforce the expression of each pose
- Adapting each pose to fit individual needs–regardless of ones’ ability or disability
Learn how to create and sustain balance for all your activities—sports, work, life! Once you understand the specific needs of your body, yoga can be integrated into your daily routine in as little as fifteen minutes.